Bangor, Brewer Game Moved To Mansfield Stadium
When Bangor plays Brewer for the Class A Eastern Maine baseball championship Wednesday, they'll do so at Mansfield Stadium in Bangor at 7:30 p.m.The Class A game is generally played at Morton field in Augusta but moved because of a couple factors. With the two schools in neighboring towns it made sense from a standpoint of getting more fans to the game. Secondly the Class C game between Bucksport and George Stevens Academy was moved to 3 p.m., thus opening a time slot to play the game at night.
The Class A softball game between Messalonskee and Bangor will still be played at Cony High School with a 7 p.m. first pitch.
Bucksport will also have their softball team playing for a title at 6:30 and the Maine Principals Association made the switch so fans could attend both games.
Below is the schedule for Eastern Maine baseball and softball championships.
- 3 p.m. - Class B #5 Winslow vs. #6 Camden-Hills (Mansfield Stadium)
- 6:30 p.m. - Class D #1 So. Aroostook vs. #2 Stearns (Mansfield Stadium)
- 3 p.m. - Class C #1 Bucksport vs. #2 George Stevens Acad. (Mansfield Stadium)
- 7:30 p.m. - Class A #1 Bangor vs. #3 Brewer (Mansfield Stadium)
- 3 p.m. - Class D #1 Limestone vs. #3 Stearns (Coffin Field)
- 7 p.m. - Class B #1 Gardiner vs. #3 Hermon (Coffin Field)
- 3 p.m. - Class C #1 Mattanawcook Acad vs. #2 Bucksport (Coffin Field)
- 7 p.m. - Class A #1 Messalonskee vs. #2 Bangor (Cony High School Field)