Full-Time, Part-Time Radio Announcers – Bangor, ME
Townsquare Media Bangor Maine is looking for experienced full-time and part-time radio announcers.
- Developing a passion for our mission.
- Preparing show prep, and then communicating local and relevant material to both the on air and online audiences.
- Interacting via social media.
- Running on air equipment and software.
- The ability to take direction and get along well with others.
- The ability to take the ball and run with it.
- Creative thinking.
Please email your resume, information and an MP3 demo to: Fred.Miller@TownsquareMedia.com
Townsquare Media Bangor Maine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Events | Brewer, United States
The Live Events Manager will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare’s live events business in Bangor, ME and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Primary point of contact and leadership for each event in Bangor, ME, responsible for creating and driving revenue, and managing expenses
- Deep familiarity with Bangor and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
- Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff
- Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales
- Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
- Logistics management, including travel and catering
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- New business development – sourcing, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties
- Idea generation and implementation
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
- Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
The position will report to the VP/General Manager of Bangor, as well as to the corporate regional Live Events Director, who is based in Connecticut.
Media/Digital Sales | Brewer, United States
Are you commission driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun – Well then we want to talk to you.
Townsquare Media Bangor is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join our media and digital advertising team!
- Promote and sell advertising programs which may include local radio, digital productssuch as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, and digital marketing services
- Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area
- Inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
- Goal oriented and a sense of what it takes to win is essential
- Strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for sales
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport
- Must be proficient at conducting needs analysis
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Broadcast/digital sales experience a plus
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.