Electrical Warehouse Destroyed in Huge Fire
One person was injured and an electrical warehouse destroyed in a fire witnesses said could be seen for miles. Crews from nine departments battled the blaze that was still burning two hours after it was originally reported.
Central Maine news reports the fire broke out at 235 South Monmouth Road in Monmouth around 3 o'clock Tuesday afternoon. One worker was taken to the hospital before fire crews arrived, with burns to his upper body and arms.
Monmouth Assistant Fire Chief Ed Pollard told CM News that the fire started in a bucket truck and spread to the nearby storage building. Explosions could be heard inside the building owned by AD Electric Inc. of Sabattus. In addition, strong, gusty winds caused several brush fires to flare up, but firefighters were able to extinguish them before they spread to nearby houses. The clouds of thick, black smoke could be seen for miles.
CM News reports the building was destroyed along with more than a million dollars in inventory.