The State Fire Marshal's office has released the identity of a man who was killed this morning in an apartment fire in Ogunquit. The apartment was located above a garage at a home on Besbill Street.

The victim has been identified as 54-year-old Mark Barnard of Ogunquit. His body was found by firefighters in his bedroom. Barnard was a partner in a sign and graphic business in nearby Wells.

Investigators say the fire that destroyed his apartment started from a frying pan that had been left on the stove. The unit received heavy fire damage, but crews were able to stop the blaze before it reached the house.

This is the sixth fire death in Maine this year.