High School Hockey Playoffs Begin Tonight
High school hockey takes center stage tonight as the quarterfinal round of the playoffs begin for classes A and B at the home of the higher seeds.In Class A the number 4 seeded Bangor Rams will be at home as they put their 9-7-2 record up against the Number 5 Windham/Westbrook team who comes in with a record of 13-5. This will be the first meeting between the two teams as they did not play in the regular season.
Bangor will enter the game with a certain amount of momentum after beating first place Lewiston on the final night of the regular season in overtime. That win came after dropping their previous three games.
Below are the Class A pairings for tonight.
- #1 Lewiston (14-2-2) BYE
- #2 St. Dom's (10-7-1) BYE
- #3 Edward Little (10-8) vs. #6 Cony/Hall-Dale/Monmouth (12-6)
- #4 Bangor (9-7-2) vs. #5 Windham/Westbrook (13-5)
In Class B the Waterville Purple Panthers claim the top spot and get the only bye in this division. The 10-7-1 Brewer Witches will have to lay their quarterfinal on the road along with John Bapst and Old Town/Orono.
Here are tonight's match-ups for the Class B quarterfinals.
- #1 Waterville (16-1-1) BYE
- #2 Camden-Hills (15-3) vs. #7 Old Town/Orono (6-10-1)
- #3 Messalonskee (11-5-2) vs. #6 John Bapst (11-6-1)
- #4 Winslow (12-4-2) vs. #5 Brewer (10-7-1)