UM Hockey Search Committee Announced
Former UMaine Black Bear Peter Metcalf is part of the search committee tasked with finding a new hockey coach.
The committee is made up of seven members who have begun working to compile a list of candidates to present to Athletic Director Steve Abbott within two months.
The new coach will replace Tim Whitehead who was fired on April 9 after 12 years in that position.
Below is a list of committee members.
- Dr. George Jacobson, professor emeritus of biology and climate change will serve as the committee chair.
- Cherie Damon, president and long-time member of Friends of Maine Hockey and parent of a former player.
- Dr. Nic Erhardt, assistant professor of management in the Maine Business School and faculty liaison to the men’s hockey team. Erhardt played semi-pro hockey in Sweden.
- Peter Metcalf, former UMaine player and part of two teams that played in the national championship. Played professionally before becoming a financial advisor in Portland.
- Dr. Richard Powell, UMaine assistant professor of political science, and director of the Peter Madigan Congressional Leadership Program.
- Jon Sorenson, UMaine alum working in the energy industry in Massachusetts. Co-chair of the Black Bears of Boston and founder of the Boston Executive Club of the University of Maine.
- Janine Tremble, UMaine alum, marketing specialist with Maine Savings and president elect of the Black Bear Board of Advisors.