Old Town’s Hoogterp Wins High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 3]
We'd like to congratulate Eric Hoogterp of the Old Town Coyotes for being named this week's McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week!
Hoogterp was one of two senior standouts in the running this week. He scored 16 points including two key foul shots in the final seconds to help the Coyotes beat Orono. He also scored a game high 21 points to beat Foxcroft and help the defending champs stay unbeaten at 7-0. He now has a total of 154 points in those 7 games.
His fellow nominee, Jake Dexter of the Messalonskee Eagles helped his team get two wins by scoring 4 goals and 2 assists vs. Hampden. He followed that up with a 2-goal performance in a win over Waterville.
Here are the final results as determined by our listeners:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Jan. 5.
Here are our winners so far this season:
- Week 3: Eric Hoogterp, Old Town Coyotes
- Week 2: Kelsey Shaw, MDI High School
- Week 1: Kyle Bouchard, Houlton High School
Fall sports season:
- Week 11: Jonathan Santiago, Maine Central Institute
- Week 10: MacKenzie Carter, Ashland Community High School
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School