Man Dies in Fire at His Home
A man is dead following a fire at his home. The fire was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the house.
Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland says Charles Rathbun was attempting to light his wood stove with gasoline when he was engulfed in fire. There was smoke and water damage to his home at 1182 Tibbettstown Road in Columbia Falls.
A neighbor called authorities when they noticed smoke coming from the house at around 4 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. Rathbun would have turned 66 on Friday.
This is the 7th fire-related death this year.