Mitch Worcester Scores 2,000th Career Point
Mitch Worcester of Washburn High School accomplished something not many other players have, scoring the 2,000th point in his career. The senior needed 19 points entering the game and got it when he hit a floater in the lane during the second quarter. His Beavers beat Ft. Fairfield 69-61.
The Worcester family knows a thing or two when it comes to filling up the hoop. Mitch’s mom Kim scored 1,000 points as a player at Washburn, and his dad Larry scored 1,000 points as a college player at UMaine Presque Isle. MacKenzie Worcester, Mitch’s sister is a sophomore on the unbeaten Washburn girls team and is well on her way to 1,000 points.
Below is a list of other 2,000 point scorers in Maine high school basketball.
- Cindy Blodgett – Lawrence
- Ray Alley – Vinalhaven
- Derek Counts – Oak Grove
- Matt Rosignol – Van Buren
- Jamie Jamison – Temple Christian
- Anita Belanger – Mattawamkeag
- Julie Bradstreet – Central Aroostook
- Stephanie Carter – Schenck
- Stella Waterman - New Gloucester
- Travis Magnusson – Georges Valley
- Jennifer LaRouche – Old Orchard Beach
- Doug Lisherness – Strong
- Laquette Johnson – Hyde
- Matt Oliver - Hodgdon