Contact Us

NCAA Bigger Tool Than LeBron James

NCAA Announces Corrective and Punitive Measures for Penn State
NCAA President Mark Emmert

The NCAA was voted Tool of the Week by Sports Radio 92.9 listeners despite reversing the decision that got them on the ballot.The NCAA ruled that Steven Rhodes was ineligible to play football at Middle Tennessee State this season because he participated in a recreational league on base while serving in the Marines that last five years. The rule states student-athletes that do not enroll in college within a year of graduating high school will be charged one year of collegiate eligibility for every academic year they participate in organized competition.The NCAA counts this play as “organized competition” because there were game officials, team uniforms and the score was kept.

Later in the week the NCAA reversed its decision allowing Rhodes to begin play but was left on the ballot and received 68% of the vote, beating out LeBron James who had the other 32%.

More From the Ticket

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://929theticket.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 92.9 The Ticket quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on 92.9 The Ticket quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!