Scary Fire Started By Propane Tank Behind Walmart
No one was injured when a propane tank malfunction started a fire behind the Walmart in Newport.
WFVX-TV reports the Newport Walmart was evacuated today after fire broke out behind the building. A valve on a propane tank malfunctioned and blew propane into a heater, which started the fire. Newport Assistant Fire Chief Ricky Turner told WFVX that there were no injuries.
Walmart remained closed as several fire crews tended to the situation. It's unknown when the store plans to reopen.