Should Papi Pick Up The Pace?
Red Sox DH David Ortiz now has 7 of the 10 slowest home run trot times of 2013. Are we ok with this? Perhaps the Achilles injury is slowing him down?
BIg Papi is hitting .315 with 13 home runs and 48 RBI. His slugging percentage is .618 and his OPS (on base %, plus slugging %) is 1.015.
But according to tatertrottracker.com, Ortiz really does take his time on the home run trot around the bases....
Big Papi is making a comeback in this category - below you will see he had only one time ranked in the top 10...
Slowest Trot 2012
- Bobby Abreu - Sept. 28, 31.56 secs.
- Hanley Ramirez - July 1, 30.3
- Matt Joyce - May 9, 29.38* *Injured during trot
- Jose Lopez - May 17, 29.37
- Chipper Jones - Sept. 2, 29.21*
- Chipper Jones - May 2, 28.97
- Nelson Cruz - June 16, 28.8
- David Ortiz - May 15, 28.79
- Alfonso Soriano - June 3, 28.65
- Miguel Cabrera - Sept. 4, 28.64