UMaine Perfect CAA Season Within Reach
Only the UNH Wildcats stand in the way of UMaine's perfect run through the CAA. So today the Black Bears put their 7-0 conference record (10-1 overall) on the line against a team that is in must win mode - UNH must win to get a NCAA playoff bid.
Maine is already in the playoff field, entering the weekend at #4 in the nation and when the post season bids are handed out Sunday the Bears are likely to get a first round bye and then a home playoff game.
Here are some of the numbers and records that UMaine is shooting for against UNH...
- The game will be the 101st meeting between the two teams. UNH leads the series 49-43-8 including winning 9 of the last 10.
- Maine has won 12 straight FCS games dating back to last season - longest streak in school history.
- A Maine team is never won 11 regular season games in a season.
- The Brice-Cowell Musket is named after former Maine coach Fred Brice and former UNH coach William Cowell. The winning team keeps the musket until they meet again next year.
- Sports Radio 92.9 The Ticket will broadcast live from the UMaine campus on Selection Sunday. Hear reaction from coaches and players moments after the playoff
|William & Mary||4-3||.571||3-1||1-2||L1||7-4||.636||5-1||2-3||L1|