Homeowners Staying Elsewhere When Their Knox County House Exploded
The State Fire Marshal's Office says the people whose home was destroyed by an explosion and fire this morning were staying elsewhere.
Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland says all occupants of the house have been accounted for. The residents had temporarily moved out of the house in the town of Union while renovations were being done.
Officials say the house was being kept warm with portable propane heaters when it was leveled by an explosion at around 3 o'clock this morning. A team of investigators from the Fire Marshal's office have been at the scene on Sunk Haze Lane for hours and began looking through the rubble at daylight.