Police have released the details of a shooting spree in Northern Maine that left two people dead and several injured. Anthony Lord was apprehended and charged with two counts of murder after a manhunt that shut down the town of Lee.

It all started with the report of a barn fire at around 8:30 Thursday night beside the home of Brittany Irish and her parents on the Aroostook Road in Benedicta. The State Fire Marshal's office was called in to investigate the blaze.

Just after 4:30 Friday morning, police were then called to a home in Silver Ridge Township where Kary Mayo was tied up and beaten. Guns and a pickup truck were stolen from that scene.

Nearly a half hour later, police received a call from the Irish home that two people had been shot and that 35-year-old Anthony Lord had kidnapped 21-year-old Brittany. Lord and Brittany knew each other prior to that night. Responding officers found  that 22-year-old Kyle Hewitt of Caribou had been shot. He was taken by LifeFlight to the hospital where he died. Hewitt was Brittany's boyfriend. Also shot and wounded was Brittany's mother, Kim Irish.

At about the same time, police heard from a man who said he had just driven by the fire scene. Carlton Eddy of Benedicta said he was turning around in the driveway of the home when the side window of his vehicle was shot out and he was struck in the shoulder with a bullet.

Police located the stolen pickup in East Millinocket just before 6 Friday morning. A high speed chase ensued, during which several shots were fired at the officer and at several other vehicles. No one was injured during the pursuit but police lost track of the pickup when they cut off the chase.

As officers continued to look for the suspect, they learned of a shooting at a woodlot on the Winn Road in Lee about a half hour later. 58-year-old Kevin Tozier of Lee and 54-year-old Clayton McCarthy of Mattawamkeag were shot while working at the lot. Tozier later died of his injuries. Police discovered a wood truck had been stolen and was seen leaving the area.

Friday afternoon, Anthony Lord and Brittany Irish were found at a relative's home in Houlton and Lord was taken into custody without incident. He was initially charged with 2 counts of Murder, and will likely be charged with more crimes as the investigation continues. He's expected to make his first court appearance on Monday or Tuesday. Anthony Lord is a registered sex offender.

The wood truck was located in Haynesville Friday afternoon. State Police Lieutenant Sean Hashey said that  law enforcement wants to thank the public for their help in the investigation. Officials received many tips and information that helped significantly in ending the spree. Anyone with any further information is asked to contact the Maine State Police in Bangor at 973-3700.