Bangor vs. Windham On 92.9 The Ticket
The final day of the high school baseball and softball season has arrived and only 16 team remain standing. Bangor Christian baseball and Richmond softball are the only defending champions playing today with a shot at repeating.In baseball, the Bangor Rams will be going for their first state title since 2006 when they face upset minded #11 seed Windham. The Rams have won 9 state championships in school history, and have played in 17 of the 44 class A games. Windham has never won the state title but is red hot coming into the game having knocked off the number 2, 3, 4, and 6 seeds in the Western Maine Tourney.
You can hear the game live on Sports Radio 92.9 The Ticket, 929theticket.com, or on our free mobile app from Radio Pup.
Bangor Christian is the two time defending class D state champion and will try to win another after a dominating run through the Eastern Maine Tourney in which they outscored their three opponents 32-2.
In softball, the Hermon Hawks will try to win their second state title in the last five years when they take on Wells. The Hawks got through undefeated Old Town in the Eastern Maine semifinals and undefeated Gardiner in the Regional Championship.
Here is the schedule for Saturday’s games.
- Class A – Bangor vs. Windham (St. Joe’s) 1pm Live on 92.9 The Ticket
- Class B – Caribou vs. Greely (Mansfield) 11am
- Class C – Washington Academy vs. Sacopee Valley (St. Joe’s) 4:30pm
- Class D – Bangor Christian vs. Wiscasset (Mansfield) 3pm
- Class A – Skowhegan vs. Thornton Academy (St. Joe’s) 4pm
- Class B – Hermon vs. Wells (Coffin Field) 4pm
- Class C – Calais vs. Madison (St. Joe’s) 12:30pm
- Class D – Limestone vs. Richmond (Coffin Field) 11am