From the newly crowned state champions made at the Maine High School Basketball Tournament, we have three nominees for this week's McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week.
Here they are in alphabetical order:
Nia Irving of Lawrence High School: The junior helped the Bulldogs win their first state championship since 1994 by scoring a game high 27 points and grabbing 7 rebounds.
Brendan McIntyre of Hampden Academy: McIntyrre had a double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds, both game highs as the Broncos beat Portland for their second title in the last three years.
Mackenzie Worcester of Washburn High School: The senior led the Beavers to their schoolgirl record fifth straight state championship by scoring 37 points including the 2,000th of her career.
You may vote once per hour until 5 a.m. on Thursday, March 5. Dale and Clem will announce the winner during Thursday's Morning Pitch.
Here are our winners so far this season:
- Week 10: Kolleen Bouchard, Houlton High and Nick DePatsy, Medomak Valley
- Week 9: Lauren Stoops, Orono High School
- Week 8: Adam Richardson, Old Town High School
- Week 7: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 6: Nick Gilpin, Hampden Academy
- Week 5: Derek Fournier, Bangor High School
- Week 4: Sierra Tapley, MDI High School
- Week 3: Eric Hoogterp, Old Town High School
- Week 2: Kelsey Shaw, MDI High School
- Week 1: Kyle Bouchard, Houlton High School
Fall sports season:
- Week 11: Jonathan Santiago, Maine Central Institute
- Week 10: MacKenzie Carter, Ashland Community High School
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School