UMaine Women’s Basketball To Visit Greece
The University of Maine women's basketball team will visit Greece next May 11-20.
The team will play three games (opponents TBA).
NCAA rules allow teams to go on one foreign trip every four years.
The Maine men's basketball team announced a trip to Costa Rica earlier this month.
Fans are invited to join the women's team on its trip to Greece. The cost of the trip is $8,600 per couple, $4,500 for a single person. A portion of that cost ($500) will go to the team's travel expenses.
The trip includes:
- Guided tour of Athens
- Full day excursion of Nafpilo, Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Half day tour of Cape Sounio and Temple of Poseidon
- Flight to Crete
- Full day excursion - Rethymno, Knosso Palace, Heraklion
- Three island cruise with the team - Saronic Islands (Hydra, Aegina, Poros)
- Three Black Bear basketball games
- Round-trip bus transportation from Orono to Montreal