Eagles 14th Ranked Toughest Schedule
According to the NCAA stats, the Husson Eagles have played the 14th toughest schedule so far this season among 248 Division III football teams in the nation.
The Eagles beat SUNY Maritime 35-17 Saturday to improve to 4-1 on the season.
Through five games, Husson opponents have a combined record of 12-5 and that's a .706 win percentage, tied for 14th toughest in D-III. That is tops among all the ranked teams in New England.
Colby College actually has played the toughest schedule, their opponents have a combined record of 10-2 but the Mules are 0-4.
Other NCAA stats where the Eagles are ranked include...
* John Smith is #3 in the nation averaging 189.8 yards per game
* Smith is #4 ranked in total rush yards with 949
* The senior RB is also 7th in the nation in all-purpose yards
Noontime Sports Top 10 New England D3 Football poll.
- Springfield College (6-0, 3-0 NEWMAC) | Last Week: No. 1
- Framingham State (5-0, 3-0 MASCAC) | Last Week: No. 2
- Trinity College (4-0, 4-0 NESCAC) | Last Week: No. 3
- Middlebury College (4-0, 4-0 NESCAC) | Last Week: No. 9
- MIT (5-1, 3-0 NEWMAC) | Last Week: No. 8
- Husson University (4-1, 2-0 ECFC) | Last Week: No. 7
- Western New England (3-2, 0-0 CCC) | Last Week: No. 4
- Salve Regina (3-1, 0-0 CCC) | Last Week: No. 6
- Plymouth State (5-1, 3-1 MASCAC) | Last Week: NR
- Williams College (3-1, 3-1 NESCAC) | Last Week: No. 10