Week 2 High School Fall Athlete of the Week September 4 – September 9 [POLL]
The 92.9 High School Athlete of the Week has returned for another season! There were a lot of exceptional performances for the 2nd week of the Fall season, September 4 - September 9 and we weren't lacking for nominees!
Thanks to everyone who submitted a nomination! Check out this week's nominees. You can vote once per day, per device now through Thursday, September 14th at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be announced Friday morning, September 15th
The winner will join Hermon's Bruce Coulter who was voted the Week 1 Fall High School Athlete of the Week
Here are this week's nominees
- Gracie Farrell - Maranacook Girls' Soccer - Had a goal against Hall-Dale and added a save in the goalie box off of a Hall-Dale corner kick. Played incredible defense in 90 degree heat.
- Elizabeth Boles - Ellsworth Girls' Soccer - Scored 4 goals and 2 assists in the Eagles win over
- Kellan Schwinn- Washington Academy Volleyball - Hal 10 kills, 8 aces, 11 digs in 2 Red Raider wins.
- Spencer Laurendeau - MDI Football - Ran the ball 20 times for 196 yards scoring 2 touchdowns. Had 2 interceptions on defense including a 80 yard Interception Return for a touchdown. Recovered a fumble and had 2 tackles
- Ava Bolden - Westbrook Girls' Soccer - In her varsity debut scored 2 goals
- Annie Nyce - Nokomis Field Hockey - Had the game-winning tip in overtime against rival MCI
- Miah Coffin - Ellsworth Girls' Soccer - Scored a hat trick (3 goals) in Ellsworth's win over Caribou
- Grant Stubbs - Presque Isle Golf - Shot a career low 34 (-2 under par) against Old Town. He has been a medalist (low scorer) 3 times this season.
- Karina Dumond - Old Town Girls' Soccer - Had a goal against Caribou and had 2 goals against Hermon breaking the Hawks' 55 game winning streak.
- Nate Olson - MDI Football - Had 6 solo tackles and 6 assists against Gray-New Gloucester
- Reed Pambianco - GSA Boys' Soccer - Had 3 goals and 3 assists against Bucksport
- Rhiannon Bousquet - Old Town Girls' Soccer - Had a goal against Hermon in Old Town's win over the Hawks.
- Sophia Marrone - Gardiner Girls' Soccer - She had a hat trick (3 goals) and 3 assists against Winthrop on Friday. She also scored on a penalty kick against Erskine Academy on Tuesday.
- Ethan Goodrich - Waterville Boys' Soccer - Scored 3 goals against Mt. View and had 4 goals against Lawrence.
- Eli Vine - Hampden Academy Golf - The senior has been the lone round medalist in all of Hampden Academy's matches including 3 times this past week against Brewer, John Bapst and Presque Isle.
- Sam Hebert - Caribou Boys' Soccer - Had a hat-trick against the Ellsworth Eagles on Saturday in Ellsworth
- Kaleb Colson - Sumner Boys' Cross Country - Finished 1st in the Bucksport Invitational on Saturday
You can nominate a Maine High School Athlete for their accomplishments during the week September 11 - 16 HERE by Sunday, September 17th. We will then put together the list, on Monday, and then you'll then be able to vote on the nominees September 18 - 21 (11:59 p.m.) with the Fall Week 2Winner being announced on Friday, September 22nd. You can vote ONCE per day, per device
Please let us know in the email why you are nominating someone. Try to be specific with goals, yardage, times etc..