Week 4 Fall High School Athlete of the Week September18-23 [POLL]
The 92.9 High School Athlete of the Week has returned for another season! There were a lot of exceptional performances for the 4th week of the Fall season, September 18 - 23 and we weren't lacking for nominees!
Thanks to everyone who submitted a nomination! Check out this week's nominees. You can vote once per day, per device now through Thursday, September 28th at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be announced Friday morning, September 29th.
The winner will join Presque Isle's Grant Stubbs, the Week 2 Athlete of the Week and Hermon's Bruce Coulter who was voted the Week 1 Fall High School Athlete of the Week
Here are this week's nominees
- Lily Roy - Wisdom Girl's Soccer - Scored her 100th goal in a game against Maine School of Science and Mathematics. She's now a member of 100 goal club in soccer and 1000 point club in basketball!
- Spencer Laurendeau - MDI Football - Ran for 4 touchdowns and passed for another. He carried the ball 26 times for 206 yards and was 3-6 passing for 169 yards.
- Caden Raymond - Stearns Football - The LTC Player of the week scored 4 touchdowns, rushing the ball 26 times for 346 yards. He also had 10 total tackles
- Alex Taylor - Gardiner Boy's Soccer - He had 8 goals and 4 assists this week as the Tigers went 3-0
- Teanne Ewings - Houlton Cross Country - Teanne set a new course record at the Old Town Invitational winning the race with a time of 18:01.66
- William Hileman - Bucksport Cross Country - William won the Varsity Boy's Race at the Old Town Invitational with a time of 17:29.19
- Ruth White - Orono Cross Country - Ruth won the Manchester (NH) Invitational with a record time of 17:20.7 smashing the old record by 21 seconds.
- Logan Hart - John Bapst Boy's Soccer - Scored the winning goal in overtime as the Crusaders knocked off Ellsworth 2-1.
- Lilly Bean - Ellsworth Girl's Soccer- Had a hat trick scoring 3 goals in Ellsworth's win over MDI
- James Downey - MDI Football - Had 8 solo tackles and 3 assists in the Trojan's win over Waterville on Friday night
- Carter Noble - Mattanawcook Boy's Soccer - He backstopped the Lynx to 2 ties this week, as they snapped their 50-game losing streak.
- Cruz Coffin - Ellsworth Boy's Soccer - Had 4 goals and an assist in the Eagle's win over Hermon on Thursday, September 21st
- Kian Alves - Gardiner Boy's Soccer - Had 3 hat tricks, scoring 9 goals and 3 assists on the week as the Tigers went 3-0.
- Lizzie Boles - Ellsworth Girl's Soccer - Had a hat trick and 3 assists in Ellsworth's win over MDI
- Aaron Reed - Medomak Valley Football - Finished with 26 carries for 206 yards and 3 touchdowns in the win over Hermon on Saturday
You can vote 1 time per day! Voting ends on Thursday night, September 28th at 11:59 p.m.
You can nominate a Maine High School Athlete for their accomplishments during the week September 25-30 HERE by Sunday, October 1st. We will then put together the list, on Monday, and then you'll then be able to vote on the nominees October 2 - 5 (11:59 p.m.) with the Fall Week 5 Winner being announced on Friday, October 6th. You can vote ONCE per day, per device. Please let us know in the email why you are nominating someone. Try to be specific with goals, yardage, times etc..
Please report scores, with goal scorers, stat leaders, photos of the golf cards etc, by emailing email@example.com