Ellsworth’s Grayson Mote Voted Week 3 High School Athlete of the Week
Congratulations to Ellsworth High School's Grayson Mote who was voted the Winter Week 3 High School Athlete of the Week
Here were the nominations for Winter Week 3 December 18- 23.
- Grayson Mote - Ellsworth Wrestler - While at a meet in Calais, Grayson noticed one of his competitors choking. Notifying his coach, the two successfully performed the Heimlich Manuever dislodging the foreign object.
- Hunter Hartsgrove - Katahdin Basketball - Scored her 1000th point on December 18
- Carter Galley - Oceanside - Scored his 1000th point on December 21st
- Ethan Daigle - Forth Kent - Scored his 1000th point on December 22nd
- Bailey Breen - Oceanside - Score her 1000th point on December 23rd.
- Madeline Thai - Bangor Indoor Track - Madeline PR'd in both her 55 hurdle prelims and finals placing 1st with a time of 9.26 tying the EMITL league lead in the event. She placed 2nd in the 55 meter dash with a time of 7.76 and the 4x200 relay came in 1st maintaining Bangor's state lead in the 4x200. She scored a cumulative total points of 28 points for team
Grayson now joins Week 2 Winner Kadin Thomas of Bangor and Week 1 Winner, Ruth White from Orono High School.
Nominations are now open for Week 5. Please send your nomination to Chris Popper by Sunday, January 7th. Voting will take place January 8-11th with the winner being announced on January 12th.
Check later today for the Week 4 nominees and to be ready to vote!