Falmouth/Greely Edges Brewer [SCORES]
Falmouth/Greely scored a last minute touchdown and spoiled Brewer's homecoming night at Doyle Field with a 24-17 win Friday night.
Senior running back Shane Allen scored on a 6-yard run with just 38-seconds left. It was the end to a long drive that chewed up the last six minutes of what was a 17-17 game.
Allen finished with 94 rush yards with most of them in the second half.
In the first half, the Yachtsmen used the pass game to take a 17-10 lead at the half. QB Nick Mancini threw the ball 20 times, including a 67-yard TD pass to Max Orestis and a 37-yard TD pass to Brady Nolin..
The Brewer touchdowns came when Kaleb Bryant scored on a 7-yard rush in the second quarter and QB Justin Nutter hit Josh Seymour on a 7-yard TD pass play in the third quarter.
Each team kicked a field goal.
Falmouth/Greely improves to 3-2 while Brewer drops to 1-4.
FRIDAY NIGHT SCORES:
- Bangor 27, Skowhegan 20
- Boothbay 36, Sacopee Valley 0
- Brunswick 50, Gardiner 14
- Bucksport 28, Hermon 0
- Cape Elizabeth 21, Freeport 20
- Cony 9, Windham 6
- Falmouth/Greely 24, Brewer 17
- Foxcroft Academy 32, Houlton/Hodgdon 21
- John Bapst 48, Medomak Valley 18
- Kennebunk 36, Massabesic 22
- Lawrence 54, Messalonskee 22
- Maranacook 22, Ellsworth/Sumner 12
- Marshwood 56, Biddeford 7
- Mattanawcook/Lee/Penobscot 33, Stearns/Schenck 6
- Mt. Blue 62, Hampden Academy 18, 2nd Qtr
- Noble 35, Westbrook/Waynflete 8
- Oak Hill 48, Madison/Carrabec 21
- Old Town 35, Nokomis 6
- Sanford 39, Lewiston 18
- Scarborough 32, Deering 8
- South Portland 31, Gorham 28
- Waterville 15, Mt. Desert Island 14
- Wells 54, MCI 8