Hermon’s Bruce Coulter Voted Week 1 High School Athlete of the Week
Voting was spirited for the 92.9 The Ticket's Fall Week 1 Athlete of the Week! When the dust settled, Hermon's Bruce Coulter was voted as the Athlete of the Week.
We had excellent nominees for Week 1! They included
- Ruth White - Orono Girls' Cross Country - Ruth won the Ellsworth Invitational beating her nearest competitor by 39.17 seconds.
- Blaine Gould - Dexter Football - Carried the ball 14 times for 130 yards and rushed for 3 touchdowns while passing for 1 touchdown.
- Kaleb Colson - Sumner Boys' Cross Country - Won the Ellsworth Invitational beating his nearest competitor by nearly a minute (:55.58)
- Emmett Fitch - Mattanawcook Academy Football -Carried the ball 12 times rushing for 234 yards and a Touchdown and 4 2-point conversions
- Bruce Coulter - Hermon Football - Carried the ball 6 times for 160 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Also ran for 2 2-point conversions
- Cruz Coffin - Ellsworth Boys' Soccer - Scored 3 goals for a hat-trick in Presque Isle
- Zach Shaw - Bangor Boys' Soccer - Scored 4 goals and had an assist against Hampden Academy
- Evan Donnell - Bucksport Boys' Soccer - Scored 6 goals and had an assist against Foxcroft Academy.
- Connor Sides - Nokomis Boys' Soccer - Had 4 goals against Belfast and drew a penalty kick.
- Spencer Laurendeau - MDI Football - Carried the ball 21 times for 116 yards. He was 6-13 passing for 134 yards. He scored 4 touchdowns on the ground and passed for another.
- Olivia Harmon - Ellsworth Volleyball - Had 16 service points with 8 aces and 9 assists, 6 digs and 3 kills against Cony.
- Seth Bowden - Nokomis Football - Carried the ball 8 times for 144 yards and 3 touchdowns. Had 1 interception on defense
- Jacquie Pangburn - John Bapst Girls' Soccer - Scored 3 goals for a hat-trick against Hermon.
- Lily Hennessey - Washington Academy Volleyball - She was 22 of 23 in serving attempts and led the offense with 19 assists on the week.
You can nominate a Maine High School Athlete for their accomplishments during the week September 4 - 9 HERE by Sunday, September 10th. We will then put together the list, on Monday, and then you'll then be able to vote on the nominees September 11 - 14 (11:59 p.m.) with the Fall Week 2 Winner being announced on Friday, September 15th. You can vote ONCE per day, per device
Please let us know in the email why you are nominating someone. Try to be specific with goals, yardage, times etc
We would like to post High School Soccer, Golf, Field Hockey, Volleyball and Football Scores. If coaches or managers can email the golf results and soccer scores including goal scorers and goalkeepers to firstname.lastname@example.org we will write stories on the WDEA website for Downeast Maine schools and on the 92.9 The Ticket website for all Maine High Schools.