PCHS’s Speed Named High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 8]
We here at Sports Radio 92.9 The Ticket would like to congratulate Alex Speed of Piscataquis Community High School for being selected as this week's McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week.
Speed, a senior, scored 7 goals last week including 5 in the Pirates playoff game. She has 29 goals and 9 assists this season and is a 4-year starter. In winning this week's award, she bested two other deserving nominees.
Tristan Gardner of Hampden Academy (boys soccer) scored 4 goals in the Broncos regular season finale, bringing his season total to 25. The senior is a 4-year starter with 63 career goals, and was recently selected to play in the National High School All-America game. Peter Boyer of Foxcroft Academy (football) rushed for 143 yards and 3 touchdowns in a win against MDI, and also had 16 tackles. The senior rushed for 1,274 yards and 22 touchdowns this year. On defense he has 96 tackles.
Here are the final results:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Nov. 3.
Here are our McDonald’s Athletes of the Week so far …
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School