Week 3 High School Athlete of the Week May 1- 6 [POLL]
The 92.9 High School Athlete of the Week has returned for another season! There were a lot of exceptional performances for the 3rd week of the Spring season, May 1 - 6 and we weren't lacking for nominees!
Thanks to everyone who submitted a nomination! Check out this week's nominees. You can vote as often as you wish between now and Thursday, May 11th at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be announced Friday morning, May 12th. They'll join Emma Jameson of Brewer the Week 2 Winner and Raegan King of Nokomis, the Week 1 Winner
Here are this week's nominees
- Mia Coots - Nokomis Softball - She threw a no-hitter on May 2 against Winslow striking out 13 and walking 3.
- Jay Haney - MDI Baseball - Threw a perfect game against GSA striking out 10 in 5 innings. He only needed 56 pitches in facing 15 batters.
- Camryn King - Nokomis Softball - Was 7-9 with 2 triples and 2 doubles in 2 games for the Warriors.
- Drew Pierson - Ellsworth Track and Field - Finished 1st in the High Jump (with a new school record), long jump and triple jump in the meet on May 4th.
- Caden Crocker - Foxcroft Academy Baseball - Was 3-4 with 7 stolen bases in the Ponies loss to Hermon.
- Ella Hosford - Bucksport Softball - Threw a no-hitter (7 innings) against Searsport in Bucksport's 5-0 win. She had 11 strikeouts and 2 walks.
- Jaida Case - Machias Softball - She 1 hit Shead, striking out 12 walking 1 and had a triple and home at bat.
- Asianna West - Brewer Softball - Batting 9th she was 3-3 driving in 3 runs as Brewer beat MDI 5-1
- Anna Stevens - Ellsworth Softball - Shutout rival MDI striking out 5 and allowing 4 hits.
- Charlie Collins - Hampden Track and Field - He is currently ranked 1st in the state in the 800 meters and 1600 meter run.
- Arianna Cross - John Bapst Softball - In a doubleheader sweep at Caribou she pitched game 2, allowing 3 hits and striking out 2 in 5 innings. At the plate in the doubleheader she had 11 hits including 2 home runs, a double, triple and dorve in 12 runs.
You can nominate a Maine High School Athlete for their accomplishments during the week May 8-13 HERE by Sunday, May 14th. We will then put together the list, on Monday, and then you'll then be able to vote on the nominees May 15th - 18th (11:59 p.m.) with the Spring Week 4 Winner being announced on Friday, May 19th. You can vote as often as you wish.
Please let us know in the email why you are nominating someone. Try to be specific with hits, strikeouts, how many goals, how fast they ran, how high they jumped, etc.