John Bapst’s Leonard Named High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 9]
We'd like to congratulate Jackson Leonard of John Bapst Memorial High School for being named this week's McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week.
In a must win game to make the playoffs, Leonard, a senior running back, rushed for 162 yards and 3 touchdowns to help the Crusaders advance to the LTC semifinals.
Leonard received about 86 percent of the votes cast over the past few days, beating otu fellow nominee Hannah Steelman of Orono High School.
Steelman, a sophomore, also had an outstanding week, winning the Class C individual cross country title with a time of 16.99 on the 3.1-mile course, and helping the Red Riots win their second straight team title.
Here are the final results.
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Nov. 10.
Here are our McDonald’s Athletes of the Week so far …
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School