Ashland’s Carter Named HS Athlete of the Week [WEEK 10]
We'd like to congratulate MacKenzie Carter of Ashland Community High School for being chosen as this week's McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week.
Carter, a 13-year-old freshman, scored the only goal in the Eastern Maine Championship, and scored two goals including the game winner in overtime to give the Hornets their first state title since 1989.
Carter received 72 percent of the vote over fellow nominee Jack Cyr of Bucksport HIgh School who also had a great week. Cyr rushed for 285 yards and three touchdowns in the Golden Bucks 41-13 semifinal win over John Bapst, bringing his season totals to 1,464 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns.
Here are the final results:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Nov. 17
Here are our McDonald’s Athletes of the Week so far …
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School