MCI’s Santiago Named High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 11]
We'd like to congratulate our new McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week.
Jonathan Santiago, a senior running back for the MCI Huskies, won the title this week with 72 percent of the vote. It was well deserved. Santiago rushed for 129 yards and 2 touchdowns in an Eastern Maine championship win. Santiago has 961 total yards and 14 touchdowns in just 6 games this season.
Santiago held off a challenge from Bobby Chenard, the senior quarterback of the Winslow High School Black Raiders, who had a great week of his own. In Winslow's Class C Eastern Maine Championship win over the Waterville Purple Panthers, Chenard threw for 92 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Here are the final results:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Nov. 24.
Here are our McDonald’s Athletes of the Week so far …
- Week 11: Jonathan Santiago, Maine Central Institute
- Week 10: MacKenzie Carter, Ashland Community High School
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School