MDI’s Shaw Named High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 2]
We'd like to congratulate Kelsely Shaw of the MDI Trojans for being chosen by our readers as the McDonald's High School Athlete of the Week!
Shaw averaged 22.3 points in three games, scoring 33 points against Washington Academy in a win, leading all scorers. In her next two games, she scored 14 points and 20 points in wins over Foxcroft Academy and GSA, respectively.
In the voting, Shaw bested Tia Tardy of the Mattanawcook Academy Lynx (indoor track), who also had a spectacular second week of the winter sports season. The sophomore set a long jump record for the new University of Maine field house at 17-feet, 4-inches in the first EMITL/PVC meet of the indoor track season. She also won the 800-meter event with a time of 2:23.79 and finished 2nd in the 200-meter event.
Here are the final results:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Dec. 29.
Here are our winners so far this season:
Fall sports season:
- Week 11: Jonathan Santiago, Maine Central Institute
- Week 10: MacKenzie Carter, Ashland Community High School
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School