Old Town’s Richardson Voted McDonald’s High School Athlete of the Week [WEEK 8]
Richardson played a key role in the Coyotes two wins by scoring 23 points to go along with 11 rebounds and 3 blocks in a win over Orono. The 6’4’ senior center helped his team get to a 15-1 record with a 10 point, 6 rebound 4 block performance against Foxcroft Academy.
Richardson had 60 percent of the vote against Cordelia Stewart of Bangor High School. Stewart had a great week in her own right, helping the Rams score a pair of wins and improve to 15-1 on the season. Stewart had 16 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks against Mt. Blue and followed that up with another 28 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks against Mt. Ararat.
Here are the final results:
You also may nominate someone for next week's McDonald's Athlete of the Week. Just follow the link below. Please get your nominations in before noon on Monday, Feb. 9.
Here are our winners so far this season:
Fall sports season:
- Week 11: Jonathan Santiago, Maine Central Institute
- Week 10: MacKenzie Carter, Ashland Community High School
- Week 9: Jackson Leonard, John Bapst Memorial High School
- Week 8: Alex Speed, Piscataquis Community High School
- Week 7: Alex Bertrand, Maine Central Institute
- Week 6: Cody Blair, Ashland Community High School
- Week 5: Noah Kershner, Nokomis High School
- Week 4: Katie Batron, Dexter High School
- Week 3: Gretchen Wright, Brewer High School
- Week 2: Jake Drew, Houlton High School
- Week 1: Dane Johnson, Bangor High School